IMPORTANT GUIDELINE INFORMATION:
- In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must be registered for the class you are wishing to attend.
- Any deposit required must be paid to the organization hosting the class prior to a scholarship being considered.
- Individuals are eligible for up to two scholarships.
- Scholarships are for Maine residents only.
- Applications that include responses that are incomplete or insufficient will not be eligible for consideration
- Scholarship payment will only be sent to the organization hosting the class. Payment will NOT be mailed to the person applying for the scholarship. Failure to include correct contact information will result in the application being considered incomplete.
Additional information for GUIDE SCHOOL:
7. Participants are required to submit a $25 non-refundable application fee for Guide School scholarship application.
8. You must register and pay the required deposit for the Guide course before a scholarship will be awarded.
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS:
WoMO has no official deadlines; however, applications are only reviewed at our monthly board meetings, and it is advised that applicants complete their applications at least one month prior to their scheduled class date to ensure review prior to the class. We do not reimburse or award scholarships for classes that have already started or have been completed.
Classes like the following are eligible for a scholarship:
- Handgun safety
- Hunters safety
- Conservation classes
- Wilderness first aid
- Becoming an Outdoors Woman
- Women Owning Woodlots
- Primitive skills
- Maine Guide’s Schools